Sunday 14 June 2015

Anomaly by Tonya Kuper


"I was just wired to be weird"

Firstly a huge thank you to Benjaminoftomes for making this book his June book club book. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have picked up this book and I would've missed out on what was a fantastic read. Anomaly offered up something that I have yet to read about in the paranormal genre and that was Oculi. 

Oculi is the ability to make what you have previously observed a reality through mental pushing. There are two types of Oculi some can push objects and some can retract objects. Then there are the select Oculi who have the ability to both push and retract and these people are known as Anomalys. Josie is an Anomaly but with an extra special dose of  kick ass. I felt like Josie could've been my twin except for the awesome special ability part. Josie was all nerd and I loved it. I loved all the quirky nerdy references and loved the general banter between Josie, Reid and Santos. 

Josie, her family and her new trainers Reid and Santos are all part of the resistance and are protecting the world from their enemy the consortium. My heart broke a number of times at the end of the book and I don't know how i'm going to recover from it. The main appeal of this book was just how kick ass Josie was. I love being able to get behind a character who goes out there and just does what needs to be done. I am dying to read the next book in this trilogy which will be titled Enigma and I'm hoping to have it in my hands as soon as possible.

4 out of 5 stars!


Click here to go to Tonya Kuper's Website
Click here to go to Tonya Kuper's Facebook Page

Click here to go to Benjaminoftomes Youtube Channel
Click here to go to Benjaminoftomes Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment