Thursday 25 June 2015

Broken by Karin Slaughter



Life is hard, but you can't get down about every shitty thing that happens to you.

Karin Slaughter is one of those author's that I could just read for days. I love her writing style, the mysteries and the characters that are in each of her books. It took a few chapters before I stopped and thought wait a minute Lena Adams, why have I heard her name before and then it finally registered with me that Jeffrey, Sara and Lena are all from the Grant County series which I only ever read the first book of. Duh I felt so stupid after that. Once again I had no idea who the killer was until the very end and to me that's what makes a good mystery/thriller book.

I love everything about Will Trent and he is definitely one of my favourite characters from the mystery/thriller genre. I always find it interesting how he get's around not being able to read and I can not for the life of me understand why he remains with Angie but at least we didn't have to deal with her in this book. She just showed up at the end to ruin things. I couldn't believe the whole dodginess within the police department and it was amazing what they thought they could get away with. I would love to know more of Lena's history. It hints at parts of this throughout the book and maybe I would have to read the Grant County series to get her full story (if someone can confirm this please do.) I like Sara a lot but her whole feud with Lena made things a bit difficult and I struggled with whose side to take. I wanted to hate Lena but at the same time I was holding out hope that there was/is more to her. 

I think I am with the majority of people when I say that I would love for Sara and Will to just hurry up and get together. I love reading their interactions together especially the very awkward ones. I enjoyed the first chapter of the story which was told from Allison's point of view and would've loved a chapter from Tommy. There's not really much more that I can say about this one. I mean I could sit here and just gush about Karin Slaughter for days. I can't wait to pick up the next book in this series and please, please let Sara and Will finally get together.

4 out of 5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment