Tuesday 9 June 2015

Completed Game - Contrast



I actually finished this game a few weeks ago but I've been having problems with a glitchy achievement so I wanted to get that ironed out before doing up my review. I am still minus that achievement though and think its in the wind. After finishing the game I had two collectibles left to get. I managed to get the first one to sparkle and become a collectible after another two tries but collectible 22 just isn't going sparkly so that I can collect it. I've gone through that one part of the game about 8 or 9 times now and it just isn't working for me and to be honest i'm over it. My husband had a similar problem with a couple of the collectibles but his eventually worked after a few tries.

This game can be very frustrating which is such a shame because the storyline, music and appearance of the game is so unique, beautiful and perfect. I was so looking forward to this game I mean come on its a shadow platformer set in 1920's Paris it just had my name written all over it. As mentioned above it did deliver from a viewing aspect just not so much from a gaming aspect. It had very faulty mechanics and was far too glitchy. You often find yourself stuck for no reason, falling out of the 2d scenes for no reason and just other general frustrations that after a while start to take away from the game. 

If you manage to find it cheap somewhere I would recommend maybe still buying it. It is a very quick game that is good for your gamerscore with some interesting puzzles and beautiful visuals. Just be prepared to do some yelling at the screen :)

2 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment