Wednesday 24 June 2015

Daredevil Season 1 Review


SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm a little late to the party when it comes to watching Daredevil but that was because I wanted to finish watching Gotham first. For the last month I've been working my way through season 1 of Daredevil and I have to say I just love it. Being a person with terrible, terrible eyesight I just love the idea of a blind superhero. 

Firstly lets all stop and appreciate Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. It doesn't matter if that man is in his Daredevil outfit at night or playing lawyer during the day he is just all kinds of sexy (let's not forget the many shirtless scenes as well). Like most people I grew up watching Vincent D'Onofrio in Law & Order Criminal Intent but I feel like he plays the bad guy so much better than a good guy. He played the role as Wilson Fisk perfectly. It was a perfect balance of evil while also showing us a tender side that could pull at the heart strings. Karen and Foggy made for excellent sidekicks and were a constant source of entertainment when they were together as well as pulling some more deeper emotions out of you.

From episode 10 to 13 I found this show to be a complete roller coaster of emotions and I loved it.I must admit that final episode where they started to arrest everyone was brilliant and it will be interesting to see how quickly Fisk leaves prison in season 2 or if he will be left in prison for a while but will still run things from inside. I can't wait to see how Vanessa goes in the second season and I hope that she is returning. Vanessa is such a complex character and I would love to know what's going on in that head. The only disappointing part of the season was the ending. I mean I preferred his old black outfit compared to the new black and red one and the ending was just so cheesy cliche.

The biggest moment of the season for me would have to be when Foggy found out that Matt was Daredevil and the emotionally fuelled conversation/argument that followed the discovery. I swear to god there was tears, my heart just broke for the two guys. The biggest what the hell moment was a tie for me between the scene where we see Fisk decapitate a guy with a car door and when Karen shoots Wesley. I can't wait for season two to start.

4 out of Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment