Friday 28 August 2015

He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not by Lena Diaz



You can't change the past, but you can damn well change the future.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one and I must admit I was quite surprised by it and in a good way. I always feel nervous when I start a new series by a new author but I think this is definitely a series that I will continue on with. It was very easy to read and the story flowed nicely. I can't say that there were really any surprises with this one but that didn't bother me because the story still held my interest. I really liked Amanda/Mandy as a character because she still had the characteristics of a victim but she also had that braveness and courage that shone through. Logan was the perfect hero who was very charming but also had a little inner darkness as well. The story was helped along by some lovable smaller characters like Madison and Sadie Whitman and all the other main character's held up well too. Like I said before there was no real surprises and it was only a matter of time before they found out who the killer was but all in all still a great book.

I love the idea of the Deadly Games series and I think the titles are very clever. Not to sound too demented or anything but I like the idea of the stories revolving around childhood games. It makes for a nice change and the next book Simon Says Die sounds like a must read. I figured that Madison would be getting her own story but I really liked her and Pierce so definitely keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for that review.

3 out of 5 Stars!

Lena Diaz's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment