Saturday 29 August 2015

Resistance by Kayla Howarth



In this world, lies are a necessity for survival.

I'm not gonna lie it is late people so be prepared for some possible ramblings. I just had to get this book finished. I am loving this trilogy and although this book was not quite as good as the first it was still fantastic and I just had to stay up late tonight to finish it. The last I dunno let's just go with 20% of this book was just crazy and absolute madness. My heart can't even begin to process the major loss of a certain character and that vision that Allira had at the end WTF!

Huge props to Kayla for not being afraid of killing off characters. I always, always admire an author who's not afraid to tear us to to shreds with a huge death in the story. This book was a little slower than the first but once it get's going you better hold on. I can't believe how horrid Chad's mum Belle was and how sleazy and gross Cyrus was. Drew, I don't know where to start with him I really don't. The same could also be said about Paxton. I want to trust both of them but I just can't. I totally saw the whole Shilah relationship coming and had actually mentioned it in my review of the first book.

I loved Ebbodine and Licia and I hope that we get to see a lot more of them in the final book. I honestly have no idea how everything is going to go down in the next book but I do know that I can't wait. I'm dying to know who the betrayer was at the end of the book especially if it turn's out to be a main character. Thank goodness we don't have long to wait til the release of the next book.

4 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment