Thursday 24 September 2015

Confess by Colleen Hoover



Why do you look so sad Owen? We're going to fix your shit remember.

Okay so don't hate on me but I have to admit that I did struggle through this book a little bit. The writing was really good and I couldn't fault the way that it was written. I guess it was all just too much sometimes. I mean let's be completely honest here there was just so much freaking never ending drama and when there wasn't drama there was too much soppiness. I think the highlights from the book were pretty much any moments where Emory showed up and any moments where Owen and Auburn were just being quirky rather then cliche. 

The thing that I loved the most about this book was the art work and how the art work was created from other people's confessions. I tell you what if there was a monthly exhibit near me that featured art work based on this premise I would be there every month without fail. 

I've read a few Colleen Hoover books now and I don't know what to say. I know that everyone loves her books so I kinda feel like maybe there's something wrong with me but I have always just liked them. Unfortunately I can't actually say that any of them have really blown me away yet. I have got her next book Number 9 on my TBR list so hopefully that will be the book of hers that blows me away.

3 out of 5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment