Sunday 20 September 2015

Defective by Kayla Howarth



He may end up with a crooked nose, but it should've been illegal for him to be that good-looking in the first place. This will just be karmic justice.

Defective is the third and final book in the Institute series and although I am sad to see the end of this series I also feel that it has finished up well and at the right point. Of the three books this was probably my least favourite but that's not to say it was a bad book it just goes to show how awesome the first two were. I think my main problem with this book was the person who was missing. You don't realise how much someone adds to a story until they are gone. I tried over and over again to give Jayce a go and I did love him as a character but to me the romance just wasn't the same. It also really killed me seeing Allira be the way that she was for the first half of the book. Part of my love for this series was Allira and her feistiness and although we did get that part of her back I think it took a little too long to get that part of her back. What can I say i'm an impatient person.

I loved all the usual characters like Drew and Tate and also liked the new editions of Jayce and his family. The story flowed quite nicely but I felt like it dragged a little in some places. I dunno I guess I wanted a bit more action but that probably just comes from having two very action packed books before this one. The twists at the end did surprise me a little bit and the ending was beautiful.

Kayla Howarth has definitely been a standout author for me this year and I am so glad to have found her. I urge you all to give this series a go. The first book The Institute is currently free on kindle and you can pick up the other two books in the trilogy for like $6. Cheap as chips baby! For now though I will have to bide my time and do the occasional stalking to find out when the next book by Kayla Howarth will be getting released.

3 out of 5 Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment