Monday 21 September 2015

Marie Claire The Parcel - Spring Edition - Special Anniversary Edition



I think I am probably one of the last people to receive their spring edition box. I swear for the last two weeks I have just been watching everybody else's unboxings so there was obviously no surprises for me when I finally opened mine. That's what I get for being such an impatient biatch. I love receiving The Parcel and was sad to see the Girlfriend edition disappear. I did try the Ageless Beauty box and it was good but not really the kind of products that I am after at this stage in my life. This is a quarterly subscription box and because of that I feel like the products are much better value then what you receive in the monthly subscription boxes. This box will set you back $25 every 3 months if you go with a continuous subscription but they do offer a variety of subscription packages. You definitely get your money's worth with this subscription box and the value of the boxes always blows my mind. So let's take a gander at what we received for the season of Spring:

John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner: My god that's a mouthful. My hair is seriously losing the frizz battle lately and John Frieda is a brand that I love receiving. They are fantastic products but just a little out of my price range so I can't begin to explain how excited I was to receive these. Recommended Retail Price is $15.99 each. 250ml each.

Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum: Is it just me or do you feel very, very fancy when you receive a Clinique product. I feel that by just owning this sample I have become a little more upper class. In all seriousness though I don't mind serums. They aren't something that I buy myself so i'm always happy to receive them in subscription boxes. Recommended Retail Price for 30ml is $80 and we received a 10ml sample.

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower: If you've hung around my blog or me in person you will know that I can't stand tanning products so I was not happy to see this in the box. I can't even pass this on to anyone as none of my friends or family use tanning products either. I will have to look around and find a home for it. Recommended Retail Price for 200ml is $39.99 and we received a 50ml sample.

MOR Rosa Noir Hand and Body Milk: I've received a number of the MOR creams throughout all the subscription boxes and it has been very hit and miss. For the most part the texture and feel of it has been amazing but I haven't been a huge fan of the scents. The smell of this one though is amazing and is definitely something that I will be wearing all the time. It's a shame that it's so expensive. If it wasn't for the price I would definitely purchase this. Who am I kidding even at that price I'm debating it. Recommended Retail Price for 350ml is $34.95 and we received a 50ml sample.

Redwin Coconut Balm: This is one of those ointments that you're meant to be able to use just about everywhere. I personally have been chucking it on my lips cos I suffer from very dry lips and the smell of this is amazing. I love coconut so this balm is perfect for me. Recommended Retail Price is $5.99

L'oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick: I was really excited about this until I saw the shade that I got. I got Perfect Red which would probably suit a lot of people but it generally doesn't suit me. I will give it a go tomorrow but I am not holding out a lot of hope. A shame really cos I could use some more lipsticks. Recommended Retail Price is $21.95

Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge EDP: I sadly did not receive this in my box. I'm not sure what happened and I went back and went right through the box but it definitely wasn't there. It's a shame cos I would've loved to have tried this. Recommended Retail Price is $120 for 50ml and other people received a small sample of this.

Overall I was really happy with this box. The standouts for me were definitely the shampoo and conditioner, the coconut balm and the hand and body milk. The low points were definitely the tanning product and the fact that I didn't receive the perfume. As you can see from the above though the value that you get for your money is incredible and this is easily a box that I will continue to get.






No comments:

Post a Comment