Monday 5 October 2015

Soulmates by Nicole Dykes



Sometimes it takes making a lot of mistakes and being with the wrong person to lead you to the perfect one.

Soulmates is currently under a $1 on Amazon so go check it out. This was a very short, quick read. I didn't actually realise how much I had flown through it until I got to the end. I have to admit the pacing of this book is a little odd. It zoomed through the years at times and although it was still easy to follow it just seemed a bit odd. The character's were also a little hard to like because of the immaturity and some of the decision making that was going on. In saying that though I look back at myself between the ages of 15 and 20 and good god I was just as bad as these characters.

Soulmates was at its best when it wasn't skipping years and you were just able to enjoy the story. There were two moments that really surprised the crappers out of me. I don't want to give anything away cos I want you to have the same experience that I had but yeah I did have to re-read both sections cos I didn't see it coming and well it shocked me a bit. 

This was my first book by Nicole Dykes and I enjoyed it. The second book in this series is Fate which I believe is the same story as Soulmates but told from Jake's point of view. I've had mixed experiences when books are done like this and although i'm not a huge fan of a whole book just from somebody else's point of view I might pick it up and give it a go sometime.


3 out of 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment