Sunday 11 October 2015

What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen



"Don't even think of leaving... I will find you.," he whispered. "Guaranteed"

I'm not ashamed to admit that even at the ripe old age of 28 I am still both a mummy and a daddy's girl so this book was a little hard to read at times. I just can't begin to imagine any father treating his daughter and wife the way that Sara's dad did. The things that this family went through at the hands of the Dad was truly horrible and there were moments where I was beginning to question if Matt's suicide was really a suicide or if the dad had actually killed him. I have to say no matter how scared I was I could never just accept that my mum wasn't around especially after say 4 or 5 days. It was an extremely difficult position that Sara found herself in and it only got harder.

I really liked Alex and I wish that Sara had've let him in a little more throughout the book. He offered up some lightness to what was otherwise quite a dark story. I liked Zach but he was a little plain and just around if that makes sense. I found that Sara was very believable as a character but at the same time I didn't really have any strong feelings about her either. The character's were really just all okay. With the exception of Alex there was no standouts and this book was good for it's writing and the story rather than the character's themselves. There are a lot of flashbacks throughout the story but it didn't take away from the story either.

This was my first book by Tracy Bilen and I actually only picked it up on a whim cos I really wanted one particular book from Book Outlet and figured I may as well grab a few extra books while I was at it. I'm glad that I picked it up as it was a rather interesting story and definitely had you right up until the very end. I can see that Tracy Bilen has another book due out in November so I think I will pick that up and see where it takes me.


3 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment