Wednesday 11 November 2015

Cemetery Lake by Paul Cleave



Every day above ground is a good day.

Hell yes it is! This rings very true for a lot of the character's in this book. Let's start with our main character Theo Tate. Tate was such an odd and frustrating character. I really don't know where to begin with him and I knew from the very start when he stole the watch and the ring that we were going to struggle with a close bond/relationship. Tate is a very corrupt man there is no other way to describe him. He has murdered, he has stolen from people, he has nearly killed an innocent person and he continuously breaks other laws time and time again. It was a wonder that he did not end out dead or behind bars by the end of the book.

I liked who the killer was and the way it all came about as I can't say that it's something that i've seen too often. I definitely didn't see that ending coming so all in all I was happy. I really couldn't get my head around Father Julian and everything that was going on there I mean far out. This book was so easy to read and the writing flowed beautifully. I was sick over the weekend so I couldn't read much but once I was better I just devoured this book.

I also feel like I really should have read this series before reading the "Cleaner" series because there is a little bit of crossover. It wasn't in a bad way it just often made for an odd reading experience. If we're going to compare the two then I would say that I preferred the "Cleaner" books but that doesn't take anything away from the "Theodore Tate" series it just shows how strong Paul Cleave's writing and books are. I can't wait to continue on with this series and can't wait to see what kind of character Tate is going to be in "Collecting Cooper."

4 out of 5 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment