Monday 30 November 2015

Freak by Jennifer Hillier



Abby leaned forward, directly into Sheila's line of sight. "Are you getting it now, Sheila? I'm not Ethan. I don't hesitate, and I don't fuck around. You feeling me now?"

WARNING: Some small spoilers ahead. 
Far out the last 20% of this book was just insane and creepy as all hell. I always find it so much scarier and creepier when the psychopath is a female. I loved the first book in this series and I admit I wasn't sure how the story was gonna go with Ethan being dead. It held up really well though. Abby was so manipulative, smart and made for a really interesting character. She is definitely the kind of person that you do not want to piss off. I see a lot of people have mentioned that they preferred Freak over Creep but I have to say I actually liked Creep more because of Ethan. I also found the first part of this book quite hard to get into. Once the book did get going though it was very hard to put down.

I think that Jennifer Hillier did a fantastic job with the writing yet again and she truly had me guessing right up until the very end. When I found out who helped Abby escape and who organised the murders it just blew my mind. I did not see it coming and the interactions between Abby and this person right up until the very end of the book was just mind blowing and rather interesting. I think my main issue with this book was that I wasn't as impressed with Sheila this time around and I didn't really have any strong feelings for Morris, Jerry or Marianne. 

I'm not sure if there will be any more books to this series but I reckon if there was more to come I would pick them up for a read. It would be interesting to see how the relationship between Abby and the surprising antagonist fares if it does at all. Another great read from Jennifer Hillier. If you haven't already you should definitely check out this series.

3 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment