Sunday 22 November 2015

The Broken Road by Melissa Huie


Seriously? The guy was a saint to animals was a decent cook, had a hot body, and was thoughtful toward the elderly. Is he for real?

9 times out of 10 no,you can bet your ass that guy is far too good to be true. In this case he was too good to be true and it sucked. Alex was the only character that I liked so when things didn't work out with him I was angry and disappointed. This book was predictable the whole way through so I should've known that it was always going to be Shane, Shane, Shane. Megan was not an interesting character at all and I can't even really say that she ticked me off or anything she was just really boring. She also came across as being far too naive for a 26 year old. It was extremely obvious from early on that things with Shane weren't right and yet she just ignored it and didn't give it any second thoughts. If it was me I would've been continuously hounding his ass for answers.

I had my issues with this book from the get go and to be honest if it wasn't for the fact that it was so short I probably would've DNF'd it quite early on. I don't know if it was this book that annoyed me or if it is just chick lit books in general that are annoying me at the moment. The writing wasn't quite to my liking and didn't draw me in at all. There was a lot of editing errors and I was often re-reading sections to get them to make sense. My biggest problem with the book was probably the pacing and the way that it flowed. I also wasn't a fan of say the last 10% it was all just predicable and to be honest at that point it didn't really bother me if there was a happy ending or not. I just wanted the book over and done with.

Well I didn't want to be negative nelly but it is what it is! I can see that there is a sequel to this book called Broken Promises but I won't be buying it. Unfortunately, there just wasn't a lot in this book for me and the only reason it gets 2 stars instead of 1 is because I did finish it.

2 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment