Tuesday 17 November 2015

Untamed by S.C. Stephens



I wasn't an "okay" person. I was awesome wrapped in awesome smothered in more awesome. They should be squealing to their neighbours that they know me, not that they merely tolerate me.

This should've been one of the biggest books of the year for me and instead I was just disappointed. I have loved the previous 3 books in this series, like crazy loved them so I was expecting amazing things from the long awaited fourth book. The above snippet from the book sums up my issues perfectly. Let's start with Griffin as he was my major issue. I loved his cockiness in the previous books. Sure he was sometimes frustrating but for the most part you couldn't help but love him. In "Untamed" though he just annoyed the crap out of me. He was immature, selfish, whiney and I couldn't believe the lies that he was telling to Anna and the way that he treated her. On another note I also couldn't believe that Anna was falling for the lies. I understand that the guys were being harsh and a little unfair with Griffin but at the same time I could understand their frustrations with him. The second issue that I had with this book and it was a minor issue but it was the overuse of the word awesome! It was everywhere throughout the book whether it was Griffin continuously describing himself this way or the chapter headers themselves. 

I have given this book 2 stars but realistically I have to say that I struggled through say the first 65% and had it been any other author I probably would've given up about 40% of the way in. I'm glad that I continued with it as the last 30% to 40% was fantastic and would've been 4 stars if judging the book on that part alone. I could see how the book was going to end from a mile away but it was still a nice ending. I kinda feel like Griffin got let off a little easy in the end but he was a much better person towards the end so I guess we can forgive him a little. I loved the way that he interacted with his kids and with Anna when he wasn't being an ass to her. I don't mind kids and weddings in books obviously but I think the very last part of the book was a little ridiculous. They crammed how many babies and weddings in at the end!!

I think this series has reached it's end and if another book was to be released then I wouldn't be reading it. The D-Bags were not the guys that I had fallen in love with. I don't know if they've changed or if i've changed but I didn't enjoy this book anywhere near as much as the last 3. I think the book could've benefited from having a few chapters from Anna's point of view. Not only to mix things up a little but to also see where her head was at while all the Griffin stuff was going on.

2 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment