Wednesday 2 December 2015

December TBR Pile


Looking back, November was a really slow reading month for me which was a little disappointing but hey that's what happens when life get's in the way. Reading wise it was a very mixed month for me but the standout book was definitely Lost Girls by Angela Marsons. I've still got a book hangover from Lost Girls and I finished it days ago. I've been able to get quite a bit of reading done in the last week and I know that trend will continue through to December and January because work is always quiet over these months.

Going in to the new year i've decided to mix up my TBR picks and the way that I pick the books. Who are we kidding I just got lazy so I've decided there are no set rules for the TBR picks each month they will just be randomised picks. Crazy I know!! If I want a change I might look at doing some challenges throughout next year but for now it's simply random choices for the win! Here is what I will definitely be reading in December:

  • Wicked Games by Sean Olin. I love the sounds of this book. I mean who doesn't like a crazy chick on the warpath. They reckon that this book is for fans of Sara Shepard and I loved the Pretty Little Liars books before the number of them grew out of control so hopefully with that comparison made Wicked Games will be right up my alley.
  • Panic by Lauren Oliver. I have to admit I was 50/50 about whether or not to read this one as I read Delirium ages ago and I wasn't a huge fan of it. I'm a sucker for books that involve dangerous games though so I figured I would give this one a go. I have a different Lauren Oliver book on my TBR list as well so Panic will decide whether that other book stays on my TBR list as well or if it will be removed. 
  • The Lie by C.L. Taylor. This is another book that I was really 50/50 about and I think I changed my mind a few times within a matter of minutes. I'm not gonna lie I struggle with big books and this is 461 pages which to me is a big book. In the end though I decided that I really, really wanted to know what happened to Jane and her friends.
  • Killing Floor by Lee Child. I don't know what I'm doing to myself this month but this is another big book coming in at a whopping 524 pages! Seriously everyone has been telling me about the Jack Reacher series and how much I really should read it so here goes everyone. You win and I am finally getting around to this series.
  • Alive by Scott Sigler. I have been meaning to buy this book for ages now and just kept forgetting about it. I remember the first time I saw it and read the synopsis I was sold on it and was dying to get my hands on it. This is easily the book that I am most looking forward to reading in December eeep!
  • Emmy and Oliver by Robin Benway. We are at the end of my planned reading list guys and we are ending it with another book which I was 50/50 about. I have been struggling with Contemporary and Young Adult books lately but I have heard some really amazing things about this book so I will give it a go and you can expect to see the review towards the end of December.

That's it guys and I must say I am super excited to get started on this list. Let me know what you are planning on reading and if you have any book recommendations please send them my way.




   




No comments:

Post a Comment