Monday 21 December 2015

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway



Sometimes love isn't something you say, it's something you do.

Just a short little review today. I tend to have a very love/hate relationship with contemporary books and lately it has been more on the hate side. With my recent run of contemporary books I went into this with fairly low expectations and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I mean towards the end I was even fighting back a few tears so it must've been alright. The story flowed very nicely and your heart went out to Oliver. To everyone else he'd been kidnapped but to him he'd just been living with his good ol Dad for the past 10 years.  

I really enjoyed all of the characters and their relationships with each other. I felt that Emmy was a good leading lady and I quite liked her. This book had me giggling a few times with all the banter that went on between the 4 friends and you just found yourself wanting to be part of their group. It was interesting to see the issues that each character and family had to overcome not only with Oliver's disappearance but then with his return as well. I think that Robin Benway did a fantastic job with the mood balance. Yes, things were hard with Oliver returning but it was also interlaced with a lot of sweet and funny moments as well.

This was my first book by Robin Benway and she surprised me. I may pick up some more of her books in the future. 


3 out of 5 Stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment