Monday 22 February 2016

The Day Late Weekly Update #1


My first official weekly update and it's a day late haha such a fail and that sadly wasn't the only fail of the week. I had a bit of an off weekend and slept most of it away which I had mentioned previously I wasn't going to do anymore but well the body needed it's sleep. For those of you who don't know my routines, myself and my husband get up each workday at 5 and get home somewhere between 5:30 and 7:30 at night so by the time the weekend comes around we just need sleep and lots of it. Not a great deal happened last week it was pretty much just full of work and family. We did have a family bbq midweek for a birthday so it was nice to go out even if we were buggered the next day.

There was plans to see Deadpool on the weekend but we didn't quite get there so we're planning to do that next weekend when we head up to Perth to see my husbands grandparents and mum. I watched a lot of tv last week because I am such a slack bitch. I watched quite a few episodes of Arrow cos i'm still trying to catch up to everyone else and I also watched another two episodes of Shadowhunters. I've given up on Shadowhunters though because the acting was driving me nuts. Good show and good story but the acting nope. I also hadn't realised that new episodes of How to Get Away with Murder were up so i'm trying to catch up on that show as well. 

Gaming wise it was a very mixed week. On my day off I played some Lego Batman and i've been playing Frozen Free Fall quickly each day because there are 3 achievements that I want to get before I shelve that game. I should mention that there will be two achievements that I won't be getting in that game though. I also discovered Hearthstone on my day off and I love it. I've been playing it just about every day and find it so relaxing and fun. It has been sidelined at the moment though as of yesterday as I realised that new achievements have been released for the Windows 10 Minecraft and I think some of the previous bugged achievements may have been fixed as well so i'm busy Minecrafting at the moment. 

To the bookish side of my weekly update it was a very slow reading week. I was reading The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza for most of the week and had a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. I then tried to pick up Whiteout by Nikki Jefford but found that I just couldn't get into it and was pretty much over the series. I think it went on for a book or two too long. I then started Once Taken by Black Pierce which was only just released and i'm loving it. It's even better than the first book and the first book Once Gone is still free on Amazon if you want to head over there and pick it up. I also read some more of Gotham City Sirens Book 2 which i'm really enjoying but I admit I preferred the art work in book 1. 

So that pretty much sums up my week. I was meant to start a new healthy eating and fitness regime this week but forgot to weigh myself and forgot to charge up the fitbit so I will be starting this next Sunday. I used to be really fit and healthy but then I met my husband and slowly as the years went by I gained weight and was exercising less so I want to rectify that this year and figure if I can include it in the weekly update it will keep me accountable. 

That's it for now I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment